The Second SESAME-LinkSCEEM Summer School
11 - 13 September, 2012
SESAME, Amman, Jordan
The main objectives of the SESAME – LinkSCEEM Summer School is to motivate the scientists in the Middle-East region with topics related to Synchrotron Radiation (SR) and High Performance Computing (HPC) and the applications of these topics in their respective field of research. On the other hand, this activity will give an opportunity to participants to present their research and projects to school trainers and trainees. Moreover, the school will help to establish a potential user's base of the HPC users in SR research domains within the SESAME region.
The School is part of the EU funded LinkSCEEM-2 project training activities which aim to prepare the Eastern Mediterranean scientific community for the use of HPC systems where the sponsors and organizers of this activity are the Synchrotron-light for Experimental Science and Applications in the Middle East (SESAME), European Synchrotron Radiation Facility (ESRF) and the Computation-based Science and Technology Research Center (CaSToRC) of the Cyprus Institute (CyI).
The school will include two days advanced training course with lectures and hands-on practice sessions in the field of Synchrotron Radiation and HPC related applications. The third day will be dedicated for User Meeting where synchrotron and HPC users in the region will get a chance to present their work and projects, and the related computational needs.
The detailed programme will be put online when available.
There are 15 funded competitive fellowships are available to meet travel and hotel expenses for participants from outside Jordan. In addition, four more young scientists from Cyprus / Egypt will be funded under the SCORE program.
- The minimum qualification required for participation is Master's Degree.
- The registration is limited for 30 participants (15 participants from Jordan and another 15 from the Eastern Mediterranean region).
- Limited funds are available to meet travel and hotel expenses for participants from outside Jordan.
- There is no registration fee. Registration is open until 5 August 2012.
- Selection of participants will be based on their fields and qualifications as declared in the registration form.
- Users who would like to present their work should attach an abstract. If the abstract is accepted by the Scientific Committee they will be allowed to present their work during the Users Meeting. Note that priority will be given to those abstracts describing work within the domain of the school topics (SR and HPC).
- You may type directly into the registration form information required as well as the abstract and submit it through this online regestration form.
Visas are issued from Jordanian Diplomatic and Consular Missions abroad or from major ports of entry according to regulations. You can find a Jordanian Embassy in your country by visiting the Jordanian diplomatic missions worldwide web page. The SESAME upon request can issue a letter of invitation for the purpose of obtaining an entry visa for Jordan.
- Hafeez Hoorani (SESAME, Jordan)
- Ayman Zoubi (SESAME, Jordan)
- Salman Matalgah (SESAME, Jordan)
- Messaoud Harfouche (SESAME, Jordan)
- Ibraheem Yousef (SESAME, Jordan)
- Mostafa Zoubi (SESAME, Jordan).