We are glad to announce a remarkable opportunity for scientists based in SESAME Members to participate in the German Physical Society (DPG) Spring Meetings, thanks to the generous support of the Wilhelm and Else Heraeus-Foundation (WE-Heraeus-Foundation). This collaboration offers scientists an unparalleled platform for showcasing their research, engaging with leading physicists, and advancing the boundaries of knowledge in the field of physics.
About the DPG Spring Meetings:
The DPG Spring Meetings serve as an annual gathering of physicists from around the world, providing a forum for the exchange of cutting-edge research, ideas, and collaborations. The events covers a wide spectrum of physics disciplines, including, but not limited to, particle physics, condensed matter physics, nuclear physics, and many more. Details on the meetings can be found here.
About the WE-Heraeus-Foundation:
The WE-Heraeus-Foundation is a philanthropic organization dedicated to advancing scientific knowledge, innovation, and education. Through the funding and organization of scientific workshops, scholarships, and partnerships, it supports ground-breaking research and fosters the growth of young scholars, thus contributing to the pursuit of knowledge and the betterment of society.
Eligibility and Application Process:
The call for WE-Foundation Grants is open to scientists who are affiliated with institutions in one of the Members of SESAME. To participate, interested researchers are invited to submit an abstract of their research. Successful candidates will be granted the opportunity to present their work at the DPG Spring Meetings in person.
- Grant Coverage: the WE-Heraeus-Foundation will provide financial support for selected candidates, covering the following expenses: registration fee for one of the DPG Spring Meetings, travel (up to 650 euros), overnight stays for a maximum of six nights (max. 120 euros per night) and a lump sum of 50 euros per day (maximum six days).
- Presentation Slot: normally, successful candidates are expected to showcase their research during the event in a 12-minute presentation slot.
- Deadlines The deadline for the grant application is 15 November. The deadline for submitting an abstract for the condensed matter and AMOP (atomic, molecular, quantum-optics and photonics) conferences is 1 December. The deadline for submitting an abstract for the three other DPG conferences, including particle and nuclear physics, is 15 December.
How to Apply:
To be considered for this unique opportunity, please follow these steps:
- Select the meeting of your interest.
- Prepare an abstract of your research, highlighting the key findings and significance of your work.
- Complete the online application form here.
- Ensure your submission is received by the application deadline mentioned above.
Participating in the DPG Spring Meetings provides numerous benefits, including:
- Exposure to a diverse and knowledgeable audience of physicists.
- Opportunities for networking and collaboration with fellow scientists.
- Access to the latest developments in physics research.
- A chance to represent SESAME on the international stage.
This collaboration between SESAME and the WE-Heraeus-Foundation is a testament to our commitment to fostering scientific excellence and facilitating the exchange of ideas among researchers in the Middle East and beyond.
SESAME encourages all eligible scientists to take advantage of this unique opportunity to showcase their research and make a meaningful contribution to the global physics community.