The 17th SESAME Users Meeting will take place on Saturday 30th November and Sunday 1st December 2019 at SESAME (Allan, Jordan).
This year the event will be organized in combination with the ESUO (European synchrotron and FEL user organization) Regional Meeting, thus the program of the meeting will be extended to two full days.
The event will bring together scientists from the region and world experts in the various fields of synchrotron applications, and will provide a platform for information exchange and discussions of ongoing collaborative efforts within the community. It will include:
- updates on SESAME;
- invited speakers on selected topics related to SESAME scientific plans;
- talks by scientists from the region presenting their research results, obtained by experiments conducted at SESAME beamlines;
- talks by scientists from the region presenting their research results, obtained by experiments conducted at European Lightsources;
The preliminary version of the SESAME User Meeting programme can be found here.
CALL for applications: present and future SESAME users are warmly invited to participate to the event by presenting their work and their ideas for future use of SESAME and by meeting together onsite for discussion, interaction and networking.
We will make all possible organizational efforts to have oral presentations by users that already performed experiments at SESAME.
REGISTRATION: will be done through our SUP- the Sesame Users Portal, so please follow the below mentioned instructions:
- If you haven’t registered yet, please connect to https://sup.sesame.org.jo and follow the instructions.
- If you are already registered, please log in and check that your personal information and contact details are up to date.
- Once you are logged in the SUP, go to “YOUR EVENTS” section and apply for the 17th Users Meeting.
- Please submit a short text based CV. Describe briefly your academic background, work experience and achievements (focus on your last 5 years). NB: Pay attention to the limit of characters accepted by the system.
- If you wish to present your work during the meeting with a brief oral session and/or a poster, please submit the abstract(s). Download the SESAME Abstract Template and fill in the information requested (Please pay attention to the maximum allowed file size).
- Kindly note that you can save your application draft for further editing. Once your application is complete, you can submit it. Upon submission, you cannot modify it anymore.
Once you registered please control your email box frequently! You will soon receive SESAME feedback.
The deadline for REGISTRATION is Saturday 5th October, 23.59 Amman time.
For any further question concerning the event, please don’t hesitate to contact our Users Office: email@example.com
For technical problems concerning the registration process on the SUP, please contact our helpdesk: firstname.lastname@example.org